vehicle technician at Jaguar Land Rover

West Midlands
April 2018

I currently work in prototype development which requires us to validate the build of material, parts and processes. We must raise any issues we encounter to build engineers in order for them to fix the issue before the vehicle is built on the production line.

I have definitely developed my team working and communication skills. Due to my involvement in a number of projects I also feel as though I have developed new skills such as leadership and problem solving.

I really enjoy the apprenticeship as I earn while I learn. I have met lots of new people and developed/gained lots of new skills, so I look forward to completing my apprenticeship and becoming a core member of the team.

I feel very valued in my role on the shop floor but also with other activities and projects that I get involved with.

The apprenticeship is very well structured, first of all you receive an induction which provides you with all the information you need and an over view of the apprentice and what to expect over the next four years. There are always training opportunities available both online and at different training facilities so the option is there if you want it. There are lots of different people across the business who will always offer you their support and you have a work based learning manager who is there to support you throughout your journey.

lots of support.

lots of support as you have a group leader, a supervisor, manager and also a build engineer.

The pay on the apprenticeship is very good and as long as you are meeting all o the requirements and you are demonstrating the correct behaviors this increases every 6 months.

Yes there are lots of company events, charity fund raising activities and voluntary projects that you can get involved in.

9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?

Because it has a very good reputation and being on the apprenticeship myself I can confirm that you will gain the skills and qualifications you need to work in the automotive industry.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?

Do not rush your application, make sure you put time and effort into every question because it is a very tough apprenticeship to get on to due to the number of applications. It might also help to do some research into the company, find out what we are about, what we aim to deliver to our customer and what products we deliver.