Degree Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

West Midlands
Degree Apprenticeship
April 2018

As I’m still in first year, I am at college full time, studying for a foundation degree and also workshop skills. I’m the half terms we go in to the business. My department is ADAS, which deals with the sensors for autonomous cars.

The practical skills learnt in the workshop really give a good basic understanding of practical engineering therefore a wide variety of skills have been developed. In the classroom I have developed my analytical skills along with my critical thinking, also my writing has improved due to the essays we have to complete.

I really enjoy the programme as I feel I’m learning a lot of new things and also I feel my role in the business is productive and I feel part of the team.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

In the first year, due to being at college, you don’t do that much work for Jaguar Land Rover, It is more about developing your skills. However I feel JLR value us a lot as they are investing a lot in to us, and are always checking to see how we are doing and making sure we’re all getting on ok.

The programme follows a clear structure, which is laid out to us right at the beginning, which is good as we know what we are doing and when we are doing it.

I feel I receive as much support as I need from my training provider.

I feel I receive a good level of support from JLR, and if I needed anything or had a problem I’d know what to do and someone would help solve the issue.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 9 roles at Jaguar Land Rover

Our salary is very rewarding and covers my costs easily.

Not much that I know of.

9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?

Great opportunity to gain vital work experience while working towards a fully sponsored degree in engineering. The company is an industry leader in research and development and the experiences that JLR can give you are second to none.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?

Work hard, show an interest in the company and the products, do a bit of research in to what the company is doing, it’s recent positive headlines and just be excited about coming to work for a global company.