1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Creating and maintaining of supplier accounts and their details, communicate on a daily basis with Purchasing and other payment teams around the world, as well as suppliers occasionally.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Being vigilant is the main one due to the nature of the work
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I think the work could be more complex and more accountancy based as this is mainly just looking after data but the team and the deeper insight into the payments process is beneficial.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
By the company as a whole it's difficult to say because I haven't been here long but by my team and manager I feel as though my work doesn't go unnoticed and what I do is appreciated.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction at start followed by consistent training and studying provided by college over the years. Single point of contact who overseas us as individuals plus a board who discuss our progress.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as needed. Weekly college contact sessions and can contact them from home/work with contact a tutor option on their website.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support is always there if needed and can come from different sources depending on what support is needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Fairly well on a monthly basis. Manage to save a large sums but can be tight if unexpected costs do occur.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Quite often social events although not as many as expected when I first joined. I play twice a week with people from work and tend to go on bi-monthly nights out with other apprentices or finance peoples.
9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Multi-billion pound company with lots of support and progression available. They've proved the apprenticeship programme works and many successful people at Rolls-Royce have come through the apprentice scheme.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
Have a strong CV and make yourself indispensable but ultimately just be yourself and relax.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!