Teaching Assistant at Academies Enterprise Trust

£389 monthly
April 2014

Connect with Academies Enterprise Trust

7 /10

I am a Learning Support Assistant at a secondary school. My role involves support teachers and help children with their educational development. I support students who have specific needs and also do group work with students. I also listen to the students read during tutor time, helping children who need extra support to complete tasks, supporting teachers in managing class behaviour, look after children who are upset , clear away materials and equipment after lessons and participate in training.

I have learnt many new skills and my confidence has increased. I have learnt out to interact with students and how to help them to the best of their ability. I have also learnt new skills through training programmes they have taught me about different types of SEN needs and problems students may have.

I really enjoy STLS level 2 because I enjoy working with children. I prefer being practical and moving around rather than sitting in an office.

4. How valued do you feel by Academies Enterprise Trust?

I feel valued by AET and the school I work at as I am treated as an adult and with respect by all staff.

I was the first student in AET to start the STLS level 2 and at first it was unorganised as they had not run my course before but it has got better as the course has gone on.

I receive a lot of support from AET as they provide me with the coursework I need to complete my course. My training provider has also been supportive on how and what I need to do before I can start STLS level 3.

I receive outstanding support from my employer. Once a week I meet up with a mentor who discusses my course and any issues I have. The managers of the Learning Support team are also there if I have any questions.

My salary meets my needs at the moment as I do not have many living costs as I still live at home. My money goes towards petrol and social events outside of work.

9. Would you recommend Academies Enterprise Trust to a friend?

AET has been brilliant in helping me get a job that I am passionate about and I really enjoy what I do.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Academies Enterprise Trust?

Ensure that you are choosing an apprenticeship that you really want to do as they are a great way to earn and learn.