1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a Apprentice Fitter at Rolls-Royce at the Rainesway site. Usually consists of dressing, deburring and cleaning.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, developed how to use certain tools and equipment properly. Done some external courses such as Basic lifting and Manual Handling which was good
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Team is great, Work is good when its busy. Organisation is something to be desired. Overall not too bad
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
You don't really get noticed unless you go out your way to do something drastic that makes the company look good.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions The college keep messing up and delaying everything. The practical side of the apprenticeship is a little better but its nothing to write home about. Support is good though if you have any issues...... which you will have.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
In the business, you get quite a bit of support and guidance if you need it. As for the tutors at the college, sometimes they just shrug it off. Im talking about Derby college
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
you get as much as you need really. that's one thing that they are actually decent at
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For an Apprenticeship, its one of the best you'll get
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Loads of corporate events you can attend, they're always looking for apprentices to tell everyone how good they are :/
9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Even though the apprenticeship is a bit rubbish at times, its not bad. Plus they money is good at the end of it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!