1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a technical apprentice, over the course of my 2nd and 3rd year I go into different engineering teams in order to have an insight of there jobs. I do things from analysing data, to repair reports, to stripping an engine
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
IT skills have improved, communication skills being more confident and speaking to new people
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It's really good, learn a lot, see and speak to a lot of people highly recommend
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
I feel valued, in the sense a lot of people on the teams have been ex- apprentices. get to know other peoples work paths and how they got to where they are today etc.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship side in terms of derby college is quite poor. But on Rolls Royces behalf good organisation
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Fair amount, get it when I ask for it but the contractors rolls Royce use e.g the college is poor
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support in the sense we have a buddy system its very useful for that
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, loads of sport activities
9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Fun, enjoyable, learn a lot, experience a lot
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
Make sure you speak about what you are passionate for, what you find interesting, what makes you different from a person with a similar application
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!