- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Volkswagen Group?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Volkswagen Group to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Volkswagen Group?
Apprentice Aftersales Executive Pre plan and having a few customers - I look after there vehicle whilst it is in the workshop making sure they customer is up to date with what is wrong or not wrong with their car. Also invoicing what has happened. I work with all the people in the office and in the workshop. I also deal with a Varity of different customers. It is my responsibility to be in contact with the customer - making sure all the correct work is being done.
I have developed better communication skills whilst working here. I have completed several courses on leap to build my knowledge on brand and job related information.
I enjoy it quite a bit. Like all jobs it has its ups and downs. The team I work with is good. The company is respectful and professional.
I feel fairly appreciated. I get recognition once a month when we have a review. I also get external recognition from customers through the CEM survey and also I receive personal emails too.
Induction was planned very well as the trainer never ran over and knew what he was talking about. The assignments should be organised better as the teacher didn't know if he was to send us them or whether our VLA does.
Received a lot of support as he gave us his email everyday and let us know that we could contact him if we had any issues. He also gave us many other emails of people we could go to if we had any problems.
I receive a lot from my manger being able to approach either him or the assistant manager helps. The HR team check up on me to make sure im doing ok. I also have my mentor to go to if I need anything.
Not very. It covers most of the costs for the time being as im still living at home -but I currently wouldn't support me on my own.
Yes. There are a few events on in a month that are available to me. They also supply lifestyle things that gives discount to do things outside of work.
I would recommend to a friend as they support you and give you many life skills. Its also a great opportunity to build up a career and progress in.
Take your time on the application as you need to make yourself look good. Take advantage of the experience/opportunities I would have liked to have been told about the wage.
Apprenticeship - Intermediate Level (Level 2)
East of England