1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Iam a machining apprentice at Egger UK Barony site. I work in a maintenance machine shop and do new manufacture, repair, jigs & fixture and prototyping.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
i Have learned hoe to set up and use various machine tools in a productive and safe manner as part of my daily duties, as for training I attend ayrshire college once per week to learn more about the theory behind my job Egger also runs various in house training courses.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working at egger greatly, the company has good core values and its a very welcoming environment.
4. How valued do you feel by Egger?
Egger as a company doesnt have any external shareholders so it has very much remained a family company and you can feel this within the workplace and for exceptional work there is always praise from the supervisors
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The structure of the mechanical apprenticeship at egger is great theres ample training and resources, with friendly mentors and a weel organized apprenticeship coordinator
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There is ample support offered for those who need it the training provider is always there for guidance be it an internal or external problem
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As ive previously discussed Egger is a family company with everyone there to help and assist in any way possible.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The Salary is fair for the area.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not at the moment but they are looking at more oppertunities.
9. Would you recommend Egger to a friend?
Its a friendly company that it is a joy to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Egger?
School grades arent everything the best quality someone can have in this line of work is drive and work ethic
More from EggerMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!