1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Trainee dairy technologist Move around the factory to different areas so see most of the factory and how it works. On a team that train and look after you. So at the moment im in cream mixing where i am training to mix flavoured milk, custards and fermented products also to learn how to complete paperwork and sampling.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Computer skills Haccp health and safety confidence has grown communication skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
yes i enjoy work very much, iv found working shifts suits my lifestyle! Collage is good and i have met a lot of new people. the company is good to work for and always ready to help.
4. How valued do you feel by Arla Foods?
Reasonably well as i am only a trainee they dont rely on me for things but there is always reviews of my progreee
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
reasonably well once trained i move to another area. Could be more related to the things we are doing at collage even if its just a week soemwhere. i always have enough time for studying.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
tutors are always there to support, we havew regular visits to site from collage. when we are at collage we have lots of reviews and work is always given improvemts.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
reasobale they have regualar reviews probally could have more support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Yes well, helps a lot getting fuel covered to and from collage.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
i dont do anything for the company when out of work however im an active memeber of young farmers. i also go running and have a job waitressing also i help on our farm .
9. Would you recommend Arla Foods to a friend?
because there a good company to work for with many oppurtunities. the apprentiship is also the best thre is
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arla Foods?
Keep calm and be confident. you will be working shifts so make sure you can cope with this. the interview process is long dont get dishearted theyll keep you updated. the job is what you make it dont wait to be led
More from Arla FoodsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!