Apprentice service advisor at Babcock

West Midlands
£820 monthly
April 2018

My job role is an apprentice service advisor, my day consists of seeing customers in and ensuring that the correct work is carried out on the car. I communicate with both the workshop and customer, making sure that everything runs smoothly and the customer is happy with the overall job.

I have learnt new skills such as communicating with customers both face to face and over the phone. I have received training from fellow colleagues, trainer and online e learning on LEAP. All of which have helped broaden my skills and help develop them fitting to the motor trade.

I enjoy the job which I do, it meets my expectations and I get to challenge myself, learn and progress within the job role. I enjoy the team of people which I work with, the company is a safe pleasant environment to work in too.

4. How valued do you feel by Babcock?

I feel like I am valued by my manager and trainer as well as fellow colleagues. I have received positive recognition about my work internally by my manager. This makes me want to continue and work harder to keep achieving within the business.

It is very organised and structured, I have received and induction and health and safety training. I have also completed online training which helps with certain areas of the business. I have been supported from my manager and fellow colleagues and give me the correct training.

I receive support and guidance from my trainer to ensure that I am succeeding within the job.

I receive advice and support from my employer and manager, if I need any help then they will assist me in any way which I need.

It meets most of my costs.

There are opportunities outside of work such as company events and activities.

9. Would you recommend Babcock to a friend?

Because I feel valued and the course is full of content which is relatable to the job role which I am in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Babcock?

Fully recommend it, its a great opportunity and experience. Fully worth applying, to see where it can take you.