1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an instructor, i teach year 7 and this covers English, maths and thematic. I interact with parents on a daily basis and am required to set detentions and attend parental evenings.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
It has really helped me to look more at my job role and how my everyday working effects people. It has also helped me become more vocal within triaing sessions as i feel confident after doing some unit criteria based on that subject.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme as i am working alongside others in my dept, we are able to share ideas and scenarios and see how others would react to situations. I enjoy training and coursework anyway so this is a brilliant thing for me to do.
4. How valued do you feel by Academies Enterprise Trust?
I feel very valued as being placed on this course is helping me to further my career and this helps me to also become more confident within my job role.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel that the induction could of been better. I started the course late and the induction seemed to be quite rushed. The support i am getting could also be improved by having regular timed meeting with the higher assessor as our internal one is training at the same time we are learning so sometimes we need some clarification with some work. Overall it well oragnsied but needs a few areas made clearer.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel i have alot of support from my internal assessor but not as much from the external assessor, as i say our internal assessor is training as we are doing the course so when we all have questions we need to have someone else to ask.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive alot of support from my employer, they have been really supportive in helping me find policies adn asking for advice on matters.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Its all ok, the job role i have taken on has increased my pay slightly and this has been a benefit.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I have seen that by doing this course and others within work the opportunittes have become better.
9. Would you recommend Academies Enterprise Trust to a friend?
They have scheme to help others, they are extremely supoortive when it comes to a career and opportunities to further yourself.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Academies Enterprise Trust?
Look smart, be clear and exact on what you want to do and where you want to go and go to any development days or courses as you can to show your willingness.