1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role involved researching different projects that the different departments were looking into and doing work typical of trainee solicitors in that field. No to days were the same!
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt: - how to proof read contracts - summarising when reading large amounts of text and pulling out necessary contracts - the importance of confidentiality - How to draft a client letter
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed my programme to a very large extent. It changed my perspective on the law industry, the work of a solicitor and corporate law as a whole. I became interested in things that i had never paid attention to prior to the work experience. It was an extremely friendly environment and I would gladly go back.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I feel that the work I did was valued. The company are very welcoming, not only at the beginning but also throughout the week.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was organised to a considerable extent. In the morning of the first day it wasn't as organised as expected; we had waited long periods in a room waiting for people and had no laptops. However a part from that we were given a timetable and seating plan that was extremely helpful and organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support from the trainee solicitors, especially when writing my CV. The supervisors were constantly checking up on me (even if not my supervisor at the time) and were always willing to help when necessary.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support was accessible if needed.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There seemed to be many opportunities outside of work, but not many took place during the week that my placement took place.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
I believe someone else who wanted to gain a better insight into how corporate law operates, would enjoy their time as Pinsent Masons as much as I did.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
- Be honest and always try and express a passion for wanting to do Law and wanting to learn more
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!