1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was assisting trainees with tasks such as research, drafting letters, proofreading contracts and summarising cases.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed my ability to take in and summarise a large amount of information in a small space of time. I also have a better insight into what life as a trainee solicitor looks like.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed it quite a lot as it was a fulfilling experience that allowed me to learn more about the practice of law. Everyone was very friendly and willing to help me.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I feel appreciated for the contributions that I have made as I was involved in quite a few tasks.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Perhaps the programme could have been more structured, especially at the beginning, as it seemed like people didn't always know what was happening. However as the week progressed this issue wasn't as apparent and things were much more organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support and advice from all the trainees and they were very approachable.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I didn't have much contact with any managers but those that I did speak to were also very approachable and helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was given vouchers for lunch so my costs were met.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There were a few opportunities to get involved outside of work, but this isn't very applicable to a one week work experience.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It was an interesting experience where I got to learn more about different areas of law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Make sure that you are prepared to work under a time limit.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!