techincian at Volkswagen Group

South West
£620 monthly
April 2018

Connect with Volkswagen Group

apprentice technician, help around the work shop, carry out services and basic repairs

I have learnt plenty of skills, before I started the apprenticeship I didn't know how to work on a car, but now I do.

some aspects I really enjoy, but some I don't find enjoyable. I don't enjoy all the theory work, as I prefer practical activites

4. How valued do you feel by Volkswagen Group?

to start of with I felt very valued, treated well etc. although recently with my dealership going under new management, I feel like a number rather than an employee. always chasing targets rather than keeping employees happy.

it is well organised now, although, the first year was awful though. every week block of training we didn't know who was our trainer, or where we should be.

lots of support, always giving a helping hand where its needed.

not a lot. its always up to me to ask for support, even if they know I am struggling

not very well. im 18 on a childs wage! I have to pay rent, car insurance, fuel, food etc, I have around £50 to myself after, which I don't think is enough. I think the apprentice wage should be re thought, as an adult shouldn't be earning £3-£4 and hour.

9. Would you recommend Volkswagen Group to a friend?

because they are good brand

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Volkswagen Group?

have interest in the brand