Mechanical Fitter at Egger

North East
April 2018

I am a maintenance engineer and on as day to day basis I carry out work at a training centre, where I learn and develop new skills such as welding, fabrication, milling, turning etc.

Yes, I have. almost everything I have learnt has been new to me.

I do enjoy my work a lot more than school, which I left last year. I feel like I work better doing something that I enjoy, other than school which i did not like at all.

4. How valued do you feel by Egger?

I feel very well looked after by my company, as I get monthly visits from my manager who reviews my work and have a catch up. Egger look after all their employees such as at christmas where all employees get a bonus and a christmas present.

At the minute, my programme is not that well organised. I am at the training centre where I am currently just trying to fill in time whilst i am waiting for machines to be fixed.

Quite a lot, I have an assessor from the training provider who looks after all employees from EGGER. They organise quite a lot of stuff related to my company, which makes work a lot more stress free.

Great support. I am regularly in contact with my manager. If I ever have any problems I either call my manager or text him, and we will discuss the problem and resolve it.

I am still extremely happy with my salary, as I have just left school and this is my first wage. However it is quite hard to cover the costs of running a car each month. My salary is going up in 3 months anyway so this is not a problem for me.

Yes. The amount of discounts we have available are crazy. Egger employees can get great discounts on a huge range of products/services.

9. Would you recommend Egger to a friend?

I believe that Egger is a great company to work for. I have recommended my brother in law to apply for Egger, and now he has an interview next week.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Egger?

To be confident and believe in yourself.