1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Getting an insight into what kind of work each department does and completing various problem-solving tasks and research - it was a one week general school work experience placement
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
The programme enhanced my problem-solving and communication skills and gave me a taste of what life as a lawyer would entail.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was very enjoyable.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Very - they treated me like an adult and I felt that they valued me as a potential future trainee.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised - it was the most structured programme out of all the legal firms I have attended.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support from the trainee solicitor who was assigned to me. They were really friendly and helpful.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support. The whole welcome pack they had put together was very helpful.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
N/A - unpaid work experience
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It was a very well-structured, organised programme where you were given real insight into their work and presented with challenging and interesting problem solving tasks to complete. All of the trainees who looked after the work experience students were really friendly and helpful.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
You need to spend a long time on the application form as it is very detailed but they make it clear that this is because they see this as potentially your first step to a possible career with the firm.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!