Outsourcing Trainee at Moore Stephens

Barbican Central London & City
April 2018

Connect with Moore Stephens

I am an Outsourcing Trainee working within the property management team. On a daily basis I carry out service charges, visit clients and prepare draft statement for clients to give to tenants showing a detailed analysis of the costs they've incurred for the year.

So far I have completed 2 AAT level 3 exams and have had lots of support both from college and from work. I have attended various skills days which have enabled me to advance my communicating skills with clients and also improving my efficiency with my day to day tasks.

I have enjoyed my course right from the beginning as I was made to feel very welcome into the firm and feel I have progressed massively. The company always focussed on helping you achieve the goals you set and are very target driven.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at Moore Stephens

4. How valued do you feel by Moore Stephens?

Everyone in the team is valued no matter what grade you are. Everyone around you is willing to help if you are struggling and always there to help you improve. You also get praise when you pass an exam or complete work to a high standard.

When I joined I was given a timetable for how my exams and tuition were planned out for the whole year which really enabled me to plan my time most effective way possible. The exams are spaced out well so there is plenty of time for revision as well as working your normal hours.

The tuition provided is very good and the class sizes are small which means anything you aren't sure on can be covered in detail. The training providers are always willing to answer question no matter what time of the day

There are regular meeting with you manager to make sure you are meeting targets and processing well. Also internal training is organised very well and are also very beneficial for learning new skills.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 11 roles at Moore Stephens

The package as a whole is excellent with the good training provided and the perfect path set to get the qualifications needed. The salary is very competitive with other big accounting firms in London.

Every employee of Moore Stephens is given a CSR where you can do something for charity. There are many sports teams within Moore Stephens that you can join including football and netball

9. Would you recommend Moore Stephens to a friend?

My time at Moore Stephens has been very enjoyable and have had really good support to get me started in my working life.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Moore Stephens?

The application process for this job is very long but very rewarding. My biggest tip would be to do your research and be yourself, be honest and make yourself stand out in the group exercise.