1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Work in a team of electrical engineers, write report for customers, spend time in a lab, use a wide range of professional electrical tools, do research on cases.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained qualifications the main NVQ and done other internal training. to improve my personal and professional skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work is engaging, the team is very supportive and knowledgeable, the company has a good culture. While the training is lacking the work excess my expectations and i enjoy it.
4. How valued do you feel by DSTL?
Hard work is recognized by managers and is rewarded with opportunities and financial rewards. i also feel valued and trusted.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
DSTL is well organized but i do feel that the external training provider is not.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
training provider is the part of the apprenticeship that needs to improve the most and seem to care more about you passing tests and ticking boxes then providing well rounded knowledge.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is plenty of support form the company and this is made aware to you from the very start. I feel all members of the team actively try to root out problems and support you.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary meets all my costs with a little to spare.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are opportunities outside work like Christmas meals and other social events that you can sign up to, and a optional program that you can sign up for, to organize events for members of the company.
9a. Would you recommend DSTL to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is an interesting place to work, with plenty of prospects for the future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to DSTL? *
Jump on any opportunity given to you.
More from DSTLMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!