Rail Sytems at Transport for London

March 2018

Connect with Transport for London

8.7/10

Solving engineering problems using models, as well as TfL's bespoke modelling tools.

So far I have further developed some skills, only have done one placement.

Thoroughly

4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?

Yes, however I would have liked further structural planning about the qualification side of the apprenticeship.

New scheme. I feel TfL are doing a fantastic job with the placements, however the training provider for college they have chosen seems to be out of their depth.

Basic communication between the college and TfL is non existent. TfL are doing their best to resolve this issue. TfL themselves have been very proactive about resolving issues.

Meetings, career prospects , ect.

I am managing to save, slightly above average compared to other schemes. Free travel also helps accommodate this.

I do not know as I do not have anything to compare it to. Compared to my last work place definitely

9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend? *

Good career, I enjoy this job. Meets all my needs. Very forward company about issues such as, mental health , working from home. Very refreshing.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London? *

Be yourself. Do your research about the behaviours and competencies and think of examples, even if they don't directly ask it is beneficial. It is also beneficial to do background research about a task if you are given information as it can help you feel more confident in the group exercise.