1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Solving engineering problems using models, as well as TfL's bespoke modelling tools.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
So far I have further developed some skills, only have done one placement.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Transport for London?
Yes, however I would have liked further structural planning about the qualification side of the apprenticeship.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
New scheme. I feel TfL are doing a fantastic job with the placements, however the training provider for college they have chosen seems to be out of their depth.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Basic communication between the college and TfL is non existent. TfL are doing their best to resolve this issue. TfL themselves have been very proactive about resolving issues.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Meetings, career prospects , ect.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am managing to save, slightly above average compared to other schemes. Free travel also helps accommodate this.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I do not know as I do not have anything to compare it to. Compared to my last work place definitely
9a. Would you recommend Transport for London to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Good career, I enjoy this job. Meets all my needs. Very forward company about issues such as, mental health , working from home. Very refreshing.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Transport for London? *
Be yourself. Do your research about the behaviours and competencies and think of examples, even if they don't directly ask it is beneficial. It is also beneficial to do background research about a task if you are given information as it can help you feel more confident in the group exercise.
More from Transport for LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!