1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a heating and ventilation apprentice, currently working on the Manchester airport project. I’m working with a team of qualified pipe fitters and together we are installing the modules in the connecting pier.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am currently waiting to attend a mappress course, until then I am developing on the existing skills I have learnt.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I feel that this apprenticeship is extremely good. The college we attend are knowledgeable and supportive. The supervisors and management at Manchester airport are also very good and supportive in our learning journey.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
While being at Manchester airport I have felt valued, the management are very supportive
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I believe that the program is well organised and a lot of thought and planning goes into this
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
If our training provider isn’t college then I would have say we have had no contact with them! If it’s soley college then I would say they are very supportive
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My new supervisor is very supportive and is proactive in making sure we have all we need to do well at our job
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not very well, it costs me £15.80 to get to work every day and I am receiving £10 a day
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
The company has a very good apprenticeship program.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
To be yourself, to show character and personality.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!