1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Technician. Going out with teams for regular maintenance and assisting them with the tasks.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt the basic theory work with out in the work experience with time to come.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it a lot. There is lots of experience to be learnt off all staff.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Yes I do feel valued everyone is treated the same and that you can approach anyone and speak with them.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Yes it is organised with a very well structured course. You are updated regularly with what you are required to do.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
If you require any additional support it is there for if and when you need it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
If you have any problem you are freely able to go and speak with anyone about it with confidence.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary can be a bit challenging it could be raised a little bit to meet the demands of inflation. And if you require to rent a house support with that.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are with this job it will open up doors.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I feel it will be good career choice in that you will gain a wealth of experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Make sure you know what you are going to talk about and be yourself and not act differently to what you are.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!