1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a maintenance engineer, so my many role is to maintain machinery. I do this by fixing breakdowns or possibly by refurbishing machines after a period of time.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Welding, machining, electrical work, reading engineering diagrams
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The engineers I work with are all very knowledgeable and are happy to teach me what they know. The school course is fantastic and covers the development of many skills needed to be an engineer.
4. How valued do you feel by Bakkavor?
I feel quite valued. Issues I raise are dealt with quickly. Regular reviews of my progresses give me a chance to speak to my managers about issues or future training opportunities.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel it has been structured so far and looking at the plan going forward it seems organised . Reviews are at regular intervals. College plan is also well structured for the years to come.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
General problems are dealt with. Guidance is given when needed.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Plenty, every review I am asked how could we make this better or is there any training you would like to do. I have meetings with a mentor where I can discuss possible problems regularly.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I am paid fairly for the work I do. And Bakkavor covers the cost of the hotel I use for college.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of courses and training to be done out of work.
9. Would you recommend Bakkavor to a friend?
Seems the apprenticeship programme is constantly improving. Structure, layout and training are always being thought off. So I believe it has many good opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bakkavor?
Just be yourself in interviews and assessment days, if they like you and you have good qualifications. I see no reason Bakkavor wouldn't like you
More from BakkavorMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!