1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role as a Project Manager Trainee is to carry out work within a project. I have to liaise with a range of stake holders such as: client, contractors and the public. Reporting to the client on progress, H&S and risk.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, Mace give in house training for general construction topic. Along side this I am studying for my APMP.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is much better than what I thought it would be I have been given a lot more responsibility compared to other companies I have heard of.
4. How valued do you feel by Mace Group?
I am appreciated from everyone in the company everyone is there for me and always offers me tips and their time to educate me.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very structured with very well planned training internally and externally. Up to weekly meeting with buddies, line managers and project team allowing yourself to fit in with Mace straight away.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The tutor is very busy with other companies too so getting in touch can be quite hard. However, we get monthly meetings with them for support in our course.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer with meetings with buddies, line managers and HR
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of charity events within Mace which gets everyone together doing activities. Team groups do like to go out for a drink which is always nice. Mace gives us volunteer days where we can do a range of different events.
9. Would you recommend Mace Group to a friend?
Mace pushes for the best and since joining I have grown so much as a person learning a lot. I want to further my career with the company and they are happy to get me on the right tracks.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mace Group?
Know the company inside and out. Be yourself and do not put too much pressure on the process.
More from Mace GroupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!