1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Technician Engineer. I assist the engineer in setting out on-site at the Manchester airport. I also keep on top of the as-built drawings making sure everything is up to date.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have completed a CAT and genny training course enabling me to use the cable avoidance tools. I have been learning a lot on-site and while at university.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
being involved in such a large and exciting project
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
Having been here for over 4 years originally and to be given every opportunity to progress.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
This programme is very well structured
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have let to find out but I have no doubt its there.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as is expected at this level
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Personally for me I made a big pay cut to take this apprenticeship and its quite hard financially but ultimately for what it is and compared to other apprenticeships on the market it is good.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I'm yet to be involved with anything outside of work.
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
It is a good company with lots of prospects.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Be yourself and stay calm because everyone has a chance.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!