1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Project control activities cost monitoring managing stakeholders business development
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Higher apprenticeship various training courses IT and PM skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme itself can be disjointed. However i do enjoy the work and meeting new people on a daily basis
4. How valued do you feel by BAE Systems?
The pay systems are not particularly fair and i think to gain recognition either internal or external its more about who you know than your competence as an employee
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very. The programme seems to change on a monthly basis which is surprising since it has been going for 7 or 8 years now
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Tutors are there if you need them
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Support is becoming less and less. I think you need to proactively seek the support out if you need it but it is there. I myself have never needed the support and i am the type of person who prefers to be powered by my own steam
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It just about covers my living, travel and daily costs with a little bit spare for social but not a huge amount. this is due to the fact i rent a house on my own though. The salary i recieve is fairly competitive
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
if you seek them out yes
9. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
The salary is competitive and so are the perks (share option scheme, pension etc). I also feel it gives you a good foundation for your future career should you decide to move on
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems?
The application process has changed since i was taken on so there are lots of aspects i cannot comment on. I would recommend that the best way to get through the interview is to prepare well. The BAE Systems interviews are competency based and do not concentrate on personal characteristics of the candidate i.e. you cannot blag them with made up strengths and weaknesses etc