1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am training to be the office manager on site. Everyday I interact with operatives and engineers to help them. I log goods received and order new materials for site, book holidays for operatives, process payroll so the operatives get paid.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I had grown a more in depth knowledge of the computer system we use but also I have gained a wider knowledge in construction as a whole as I am new to construction
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am enjoying it a lot, everything I am doing is a new experience for me and is definitely a huge challenge
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel very appreciated by the people I am working with as they tell me how well I am doing all the time as I always help others where I am and am enthusiastic too
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I think its very organized and I am able to ask for help and support anytme needed
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Right now I think I am being supported I could do with a little more guidance with the structure of the written work
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I am supported in every aspects of the job but just not necessarily in my coursework.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As I am an independent young person who lives alone it is always going to be hard. I feel that this job offers a good salary but I am not benefitting that much yet due to my living costs and travel as I do not drive. The site I am working in now is not as far as the office to travel to
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I am aware of
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Its a successful, driven company with good people
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Be outgoing and confident. Talk with conviction and don't be afraid to say what you think.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!