Materials Technician at EDF Energy

Bridgwater
February 2018

Connect with EDF Energy

6.9/10

Stores person - booking in goods that are received, issuing goods that we have in stock. Phone and email internal customers. Responsible for nuclear parts etc. Projects such as stock counting to make sure we have enough relevant stock for otuages etc.

Going to achieve a warehouse management qualification. Internally doing a fork lift driving course/test. Learnt how to develop customer service skills as well computerised skills for business purposes,

The programme is a good opportunity especially to be involved in such a big business being so young. The team are incredible and the company has good benefits, good atmosphere and nice working family. I enjoy learning from experienced people and being able to work practically for myself too.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at EDF Energy

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

The training course via college has been delayed a few months however we are getting back on track quick and smoothly. We get time to study at work whenever we want and the team are supportive and willing to help whenever possible. Monthly meetings to review the month of our progress. Apprentice co ordinator very helpful and supportive couldn't be anymore appreciative of the work he does for us.

The assessor is very helpful now we have started the course very thorough with demonstrations and helpful and easy to contact via email or phone.

Good attitude for support of us now we are involved in college as well everyone in the team is willing to help.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at EDF Energy

Lots of events and classes to take part in outside work with friends and colleagues from work such as gym, running and skittles etc social parties.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

Very good company to work for anyone would be lucky to have a chance like I have being brought into such a big company so young big future career opportunities await.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

Good opportunity try your best to find out lots of information about the business itself - long process on boarding with the security but well worth the wait