1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Electrical and mechanical engineer who looks after and maintains industrial plant on a sewage treatment works.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Both mechanical and electrical skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Thames Water?
On a company wide basis not very. Within my personal team I do.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured with monthly progress meetings.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received a lot of support from the engineering trust, from Simeon Achurch most specifically.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Varied depending on the manager.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I believe I am underpaid for my sector and that this still needs addressing compared to other engineering companies.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Thames Water to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
On a whole the job is very good, with a good pension.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Thames Water? *
Follow your heart.
More from Thames WaterMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!