1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I’m a team manager for the Coop my day to day role is leading the team to achieve key targets and maintain a high standard of customer service
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I’ve learnt about new skills which have being useful on occasion I’ve developed better communication skills when dealing with the team
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is somewhat lacking challenge for myself and I find sitting with an iPad more tedious then anything there seems to be no bridge for a practical learner such as myself
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Currently I feel completely neutral towards my value to the company I can not decide
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The organisation is definetly lacking and the communication always seems difficult
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The support is always there but I’ve chosen not to use it as I’ve felt completely okay in dealing with the challenge
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I’ve had regular contact with the employer regarding the apprenticeship but again not asked for support as I’ve felt ok
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My costs are somewhat limited but I receive no support with my travel when having to go to Manchester which is a 125 mile round trip for myself
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The opportunity outside of work is ones we create ourselves working with charities which is very rewarding
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
The current climate at the Coop is trending towards cutting everything back and simplifying procedures the constant removal of hours is putting too much strain on the store teams
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Be yourself and show that you care the Coop is definetly all about the customer
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!