1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Overall I am a general electrical apprentice, I help qualified electricians while carrying out my own tasks to gain experience.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have developed a lot of new skills and also improved skills gained prior to the apprenticeship.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoy my programme and believe it has opened many doors for the future.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel that they look after their apprentices and offer support in many ways.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I would say that it has been a well structured programme so far however there was minor confusion at the start of my apprenticeship, however it was swiftly resolved.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel that the training provider could do slightly more to support me in my learning however overall they have done well to answer any questions I had.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve a great amount of support for Laing O’Rourke.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel I am very well paid for my age group.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes Laing O’Rourke offer activities for apprentices away from the workplace.
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Laing O’Rourke is a great company to start off your career in many years I feel that they have helped me greatly and hope to carry on my career with them in the future.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
Be confident, get to know the company and it’s projects and just have a go at every challenge you face.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!