1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Mainly doing orders, calling suppliers when stuff is missing on a delivery note, formwork orders, Plant hires, Requisitions to procurement, Bulk/Material Grn'ing,
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, I have a very good understand of how the systems work, for e.g. you can either use an old or a newer system to do the work on but I can use both which is unusual in the business as people tend to use what they was taught first and stick to it.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the freedom I have, I'm always moving around different sites, seeing new places and learning new things, I'm also with a very good group of people which is always helpful in the workplace
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
I feel very appreciated, people that treat me with respect I will do visa versa
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
structure is very good and most of the time very organized
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
most of the time im not with my line manager because where he works the work is unconsistent but where i work i am with an another office manager is very good at hes job. I get on very wel with him and we have a very good working relationship, he is very supportive and appreicates my work
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have a good working relationship with my manager, we are very different but have similar interest outside of work, he gives me good advice and good guidance for work related stuff
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
my salary is good
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes, the job its self has gave me a lot of oppertunites to roam around places not having to worry about money as such and enjoy life more because I can now treat my friends and family, im very confident I can go to do great things
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Because its a great company to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
dress smart, first impressions are always important whether your going for a job or meeting someone, be confident and be yourslef
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!