1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently I am an Undergraduate Engineer on the Engineering Assurance Team on the HS2 Enabling Works Contract. Day to day tasks involve assuring works and providing an auditable trail of decisions.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I am currently obtaining a Level 4 qualification in Construction and the Built Environment with a view to complete a Bsc in Civil Engineering after. Also I am now a student member of the Institute of Civil Engineers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme as there is a wide opportunity for personal and professional development. Also the culture and ethos in this Joint Venture is great.
4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?
There is a lot of recognition and appreciation from everyone here, from implementing new process to helping out with IT.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The induction, training and support is great. I understand the team and there role in the project.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There is a lot of support and guidance, especially from people who have been on the programme.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There is a lot of support from my manager and the team. The HR Staff are also friendly and supportive.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary meets my expectation, travel costs are expensive but they claimable so this is great. Travel time is an issue as I commute for 3 hours a day.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of events going on, from running club to social night (eg Quiz nights).
9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?
Laing display a good ethos towards personal and professional development, helping along the way.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?
During the assessment day think of innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
More from Laing O'RourkeMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!