Customer Advisor at Centrica British Gas

Cardiff
February 2018

Connect with Centrica British Gas

7.2/10

I work in the Smart technical team providing trouble shooting for customers with Smart meters installed into their property. I can also help with billing issues and other account issues.

I have developed my customer service skills and learnt how to deal with customers over the phone rather than face to face.

I enjoy most aspects of the programme. I feel like more support could have been offered in the initial training process but now that I am within my team I am learning a lot more.

4. How valued do you feel by Centrica British Gas?

British Gas is a large company and therefore it can be hard for all employees to feel valued. However, I feel within my department and team each member of the team is valued highly.

The structure of the programme is quite clear, and now the majority of the time is spent on call taking.

In the first 12 weeks we had an individual trainer for our team, however since that period of time I have not seen or heard from said trainer and must refer back to management for help

The support offered from my employer is amazing. Especially during a difficult period in my personal life when I needed time off of work.

My salary covers my costs well.

There are many opportunities to get involved with work related projects

9a. Would you recommend Centrica British Gas to a friend? *

I think it is a good company to work for short term and build up your base knowledge if you wish to build a career within customer service

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Centrica British Gas? *

Make sure you listen to everything you are told because you are being told this for a reason