Assistant Relationship Manager at RBS

January 2018

Connect with RBS

My role is Assistant Relationship manager and I am aligned to one Commercial Relationship Manager. My daily tasks include answering customer queries, attending meetings, providing information to customers around products and services, refunds, amending mandates and opening accounts.

I have completed my Chartered Banker Institute- Professional banker certificate and will complete my Lending Skills exam when I roll off the apprenticeship

My team is friendly and welcoming and ALWAYS answer any questions I have. In addition, other teams are willing to allow me to shadow for a particular products or service. This experience has exceeded my expectations.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

My line manager is very hands on and determined to push me to the best of my ability. We have a catch up every week about my progress. The bank trusts me to deal with customers and their money- even in my first week.

RBS is very supportive and organised when it comes to the exam and preparation. However, the exam board, BPP University, is not organised and I experienced many issues accessing online classes and submitting task books.

My assessor was very helpful if I had any questions but the online portal used to crash/was slow and the support team were only contactable via email

My line manager and Director have always been very supportive and allow me breaks from the day job to study and revise- I cannot fault it

I am surprised at the pay- its very good. The most pay ive seen whilst researching other apprenticeships. It meets travel and daily costs

There are many social events, training sessions, charity opportunities and community days which are widely advertised. There are many gyms etc outside of work but expensive being in central London. I tend to go to the gym near me in my spare time

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

The support is paramount. There are so many opportunities to grow and develop and you are pushed to be the best you can be. The teams and environment are great and RBS is a great employer for young people.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Be yourself, do as much work experience as you can and remember STAR in an interview!