1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Since the completion of my apprenticeship I have been promoted to Management. I lead a team of 12 Funeral Admin Arrangers and also care for the branches. I am involved in recruitment, training and development, care of branches, community, customer service, complaints.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
NVQ 2. Enhanced my existing management qualifications. Time management. Leadership qualities. I have opportunities to develop myself and am part of an amazing and supportive team.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed the programme and spending time with my assessor
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Extremely valued and appreciated and excited for the future.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was good. I knew what was required of me and how to achieve and did so even though I had a couple of months of due to ill-health - I achieved ahead of schedule which was brilliant.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Great support and enjoyed our relationship very much.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots - management are genuinely interested and want everyone to achieve.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As management in a new role I feel that the salary does not reflect what I am required to do and is much less than some roles of a lower grade than mine.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - community, voluntary, social
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
Its ethos and re-build is amazing
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
Go for it - its a long term career
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!