1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a 2nd year apprentice electrician based in the Evanton branch carrying out work on windfarms, power stations and hydro dams. I carry out a lot of different work on site but some of the tasks involved include: Glanding cables, terminating inside panels, lighting and power circuits, earthing and bonding, cable tray and conduit.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Over the course of my apprenticeship my mentors have taught me many new skills and I have also developed on my existing ones i carried over from school and previous employers.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by SSE?
I feel like im treated incredibly well and they care about my learning experience.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
With a mix of college and working on many different sites I feel like my learning path is well structured and on the right path.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We are visited in college every block and kept in contact through text and email.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We recieve support on anything whenever we may need it
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
Excellent employer to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Make sure you have a great understanding of safety and how its the most important thing in the work place
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!