Apprentice Electrician at SSE

South West
January 2018

My role is an Apprentice Electrician. I do lots of tasks in my apprenticeship to do with installation, repairs and lots more. I work with a lot of different people from other companies and SSE. I have lots of responsibilities that I need to keep to as it can affect the work and peoples lives.

I have learnt lots of new skills with courses, training and college which will benefit my when I am doing my work.

I am really enjoying my apprenticeship as it gives me a lot of new skills that I can use and I feel that I have an importance within the company and while doing jobs

4. How valued do you feel by SSE?

I feel that I have been valued by the company and my workmates. I do not feel left out or not as important as any of my fellow workmates. I feel that they value their apprentices very well.

My Programme is very well structured as I the college and work is very well organised and is very understandable. Training is kept up to date and support is always available.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider and that they have a good knowledge of how people learn best. I feel like I can talk to them if I have any problems.

I receive a lot of support from my employer and help my with my apprenticeship. I also feel like they allow me to individually complete my apprenticeship and adapt.

I meets my costs well as I do not have bills and other things to pay for.

I believe there are but I have not been informed of many of them.

9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?

It is a strong company and the work is enjoyable and interesting and you can learn a lot.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?

Do you best in the application process and keep on to of any deadlines for applications.