1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is an Apprentice Electrician. I do lots of tasks in my apprenticeship to do with installation, repairs and lots more. I work with a lot of different people from other companies and SSE. I have lots of responsibilities that I need to keep to as it can affect the work and peoples lives.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt lots of new skills with courses, training and college which will benefit my when I am doing my work.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am really enjoying my apprenticeship as it gives me a lot of new skills that I can use and I feel that I have an importance within the company and while doing jobs
4. How valued do you feel by SSE?
I feel that I have been valued by the company and my workmates. I do not feel left out or not as important as any of my fellow workmates. I feel that they value their apprentices very well.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My Programme is very well structured as I the college and work is very well organised and is very understandable. Training is kept up to date and support is always available.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a lot of support from my training provider and that they have a good knowledge of how people learn best. I feel like I can talk to them if I have any problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive a lot of support from my employer and help my with my apprenticeship. I also feel like they allow me to individually complete my apprenticeship and adapt.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I meets my costs well as I do not have bills and other things to pay for.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I believe there are but I have not been informed of many of them.
9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
It is a strong company and the work is enjoyable and interesting and you can learn a lot.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Do you best in the application process and keep on to of any deadlines for applications.
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!