Apprentice Electrician at SSE

South West
January 2018

I am an apprentice electrician, learning from the experience of qualified electricians.

Yes, I have become more confident, and learnt more things based round electrical installation.

I enjoy working with other people, and learning from other's ideas and experience.

4. How valued do you feel by SSE?

I am made to feel very comfortable as part of the company, and made to feel welcome from the moment I joined.

It is all very organised, from transport through to day to day work.

I receive a lot of support. I'm always supported with any questions I have, or with anything im confused on. The support is always offered.

I am supported mainly by the trained electricians, as theyre the people I spend most of my time with, however if I have any problems, office workers and managers etc are always happy to help.

As a young person, there isn't much exoenses that I am required to pay, so currently my salary isn't too harsh for my lifestyle.

Me and my fellow colleagues have planned many events outside of work to create stronger bond between us.

9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?

Because SSE is a good company, which makes you to feel comfortable all the time, and provide a strong education and opportunities to learn and become fully qualified in any chose occupation.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?

Make sure to research and understand the priority skills at the company, such as morals and golden rules.