1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice electrician - clean up, fist fix conduit, cutting tray/conduit uni strut, cutting and measuring cables. daily i interact with other employees and contractors from other companies and i externally interact with the public, customers and clients. I am responsible for looking after tools, equipment and keys also my own health and safety and others.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
first aid, a van driving course
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Living the Dream
4. How valued do you feel by SSE?
i feel relatively valued to the company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
some parts of the induction were not very well organised but mostly they are good.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A good amount when i need.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
a good amount if i need it
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
very well for my age.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
not very many
9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
because the company looks after you very well and the office staff are helpful
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
be confident and good with your hands also know a lot about the company and have a lot of work/life experience.
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!