1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
During my work day I usually get paired off with either a tradesman or another apprentice and we’re usually allocated tasks, some take longer than other so you can be working away at something for a couple of days, the supervisor may come round every now and then to inspect your work and just to see how you are getting on.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned many different skills and gained a greater understanding of my trade since being here. I have became a lot more confident in myself and my ability to work, I’ve also gained a good work ethic within the work place
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am enjoying this programme at this given time, I’m on a good job with the a great squad which makes it easier but there’s been other times previously when jobs aren’t going as well and it’s not as enjoyable
4. How valued do you feel by SSE?
I feel valued by my current supervisor and engineer but I don’t feel practically valued by the company as a whole
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It’s very well structured with the college and site attendance combining throughout the year
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive great support from my training supervisor and I know that if I’m ever needing help I can give him a call
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received good support from my employer I’ve never had any problems with that
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It’s good as I’m working away earning overtime so I’m making good money now, but for someone with bills to pay and family to support they may struggle more
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes as the skills are very transferable
9. Would you recommend SSE to a friend?
They are a big company with many benefit
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to SSE?
Be confident and willing to learn
More from SSEMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!