1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My work experience required me to stack shelves, stock check, work on tills and assist customers on any of their queries or questions and to help staff on any jobs or tasks they required help on. I also learned valuable customer service skills and People skills whilst there. I really enjoyed my time at Asda staff were very friendly and helped me gain confidence in myself whilst learning new things and making new friends
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Customer service skills and personal development also people skills and cash handling experience.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed my time their very much I appreciated all the help of the staff and meeting new people
4. How valued do you feel by ASDA?
Very much. Felt like they were grateful for all my help and effort I made whilst there.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was basically what a normal employee would do but more of assistance to staff.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots and was encouraged to do my best every day I was there.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
More then I expected staff were lovely.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I wasn't paid but I learnt new skills and life skills I've kept for life.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes it helped my gain my first full time job at a card shop due to past shop work and till work.
9. Would you recommend ASDA to a friend?
Lovely staff, friendly, encouraging and supportive from day 1 . Treat my like a member of the team and never once felt intimidated or like a nuisance to anyone who worked there.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to ASDA?
Give it your everything and you will learn new skills for life. Also great for those suffering low confidence and shyness. This really brought me out of my shell and helped with people skills and team building.
More from ASDAMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!