1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a general manager of a pub and effectively run a day to day business invoving risk assessments, audits, budgeting, orders, deliverys and a customer facing role.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i learnt a bit more on how to be a great leader and gained some good leadership skills with feesback from my mentor.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have really enjoyed my programme and i am already considering doing another one.
4. How valued do you feel by Greene King?
Over the past year it has been a real struggle working really long hours and not being consistent with a work social life balance. More and more jobs are being put on general managers and the stress of job sometimes feels there is lack off suport.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well there was some fantastic modules being covered.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
She assisted me where my knowledge was lacking and this has really helped me in being a better manager.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Greene king provide some great training oppertunities but with long hours it sometimes is very difficult to focus on being 100% at your job as often you are very tired.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I feel that salary is extremely low for the job we have to do. We could work 80 hrs a week and still get paid the same as a manager doing 48 hours a week.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not currently due to dismissing some staff and staff turnover being quite high
9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are a fantastic company but i feel that being a manager we are unable to have a life and enjoy our time outside of work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King? *
They are willing to invest in your training.
More from Greene KingMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!