General manager at Greene King

Upminster

8.3/10

I am a general manager of a pub and effectively run a day to day business invoving risk assessments, audits, budgeting, orders, deliverys and a customer facing role.

Yes i learnt a bit more on how to be a great leader and gained some good leadership skills with feesback from my mentor.

I have really enjoyed my programme and i am already considering doing another one.

4. How valued do you feel by Greene King?

Over the past year it has been a real struggle working really long hours and not being consistent with a work social life balance. More and more jobs are being put on general managers and the stress of job sometimes feels there is lack off suport.

Very well there was some fantastic modules being covered.

She assisted me where my knowledge was lacking and this has really helped me in being a better manager.

Greene king provide some great training oppertunities but with long hours it sometimes is very difficult to focus on being 100% at your job as often you are very tired.

I feel that salary is extremely low for the job we have to do. We could work 80 hrs a week and still get paid the same as a manager doing 48 hours a week.

Not currently due to dismissing some staff and staff turnover being quite high

9a. Would you recommend Greene King to a friend? *

They are a fantastic company but i feel that being a manager we are unable to have a life and enjoy our time outside of work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Greene King? *

They are willing to invest in your training.