1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Quantity Surveying - Managing the costs of a project
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my IT knowledge by using software applications such as Microsoft Excel. Developed communication skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am enjoying my programme. The team are friendly and made me feel welcome.
4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?
I feel valued by Atkins as I have been involved with projects they are working on and my manager is very flexible and considerate.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well organised with the induction process. Had a walk around as soon as I started at met everyone around the office. Watched health and safety videos which were easily accessible and ensured that I understood key procedures by doing mini quizzes at the end of each video.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have not yet started the university course. It starts week commencing 2nd October.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The HR team and line manager are very supportive if I have any queries.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary meets my costs well as I still live at home so living costs are minimal. I don't live that far from work so petrol/transportation costs are not large either
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are opportunities to travel within and outside of the country. Apprentice induction in London.
9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
They make you feel welcome and part of the team from the moment you start.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?
Research the company before the interview and have some knowledge about the role you are applying for.
More from AtkinsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!