Work experience student at PwC

Sheffield
Competitive

Connect with PwC

9.0/10

The BIW (Business Insight Week) is a week long paid work experience programme involving an induction at the regional office on your first day. The next 3 days are spent at your local/base office where you undertake shadowing in different business areas - Tax, Assurance and Consulting. The final day involves a presentation of a project and advice on future programmes. I really enjoyed this experience as I got to meet with and talk to many different employees and had 3 'buddies' to shadow.

I have developed my presentation skills. I also worked on my interview skills as well as interpersonal skills.

I liked the culture of PwC - putting people and clients first - and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. It was interesting to learn about the business areas and has reaffirmed my desire for a career in professional services.

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I feel very valued because it seems that PwC has invested a lot of money and time in this great programme. We received regular feedback which was very useful.

The week is very well organised - you are always busy with work and there is always something for you to do.

We were given an induction on the first day which was support given to us by our training provider.

We had 3 buddies during the week as well as multiple other support staff so the support system was definitely available.

All travel expenses were reimbursed and this is a paid programme.

There are lots of employee perks such as phones and laptops as well as travel opportunities if you display an interest in this

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

The PwC culture is great and it is one of the 'Big Four' professional services firm and it is highly regarded in the business world.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *

Do research and make sure apply well before the deadline to avoid disappointment.