Customer Service Advisor at RBS

Chatham

Connect with RBS

7.3/10

I am currently working on a closing project, so I am ordering closing statements for customers, as well as answering their calls and informing them when they will receive their funds. I have to ensure that the statements are being printed, and liaise with other staff to ensure that this is being done and to resolve any issues.

I have learnt many new skills, but the main one which has helped me is my telephony skills- I have learnt how to interact with customers and build a relationship with them. I know how to follow the procedure when speaking on the telephone to ensure that I am meeting the requirements for RBS staff. To get to feeling like this, I had to undertake some side-by-side training with supervisor- I listened to them on the phone and how they spoke to customers, and then I was able to do this myself with their support.

Currently the work is the same, so I would like to expand on my skills. Due to being on this project, I am not part of a team- so this I don't enjoy.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I am still completing this closing project, I have had some appreciation from another colleague who is part of the project, but as of yet- I wouldn't say there has been great acknowledgment for anything.

The support that I have had from my mentor, and the BPP mentor is amazing, I couldn't ask for anything more. They have helped me get this far. I know where to go if I need support, so I would say it is a good and well organised structure for the programme.

My training provider This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions is amazing, he is always willing to help me and look to do things in the way that suits me best.

At the moment, from my manager I don't have much- as I am part of their team but only completing a project. However, from my mentor I have had so much support and I couldn't thank him enough, he has helped me come so far and its the support that I need. He is always happy to help me, ad I appreciate this.

This is perfect for me, it allows me to pay rent monthly as well as my car and the other essentials.

I have heard that there are opportunities, however- personally, I haven't looked further into this.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

There is so much support here, and opportunity that it would be great for others to be able to experience it.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Just be open-minded. Ensure that you listen and take in all the information they are telling you because you never know when you might need it.