1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was a customer assistant. This involved doing jobs like stock take, re-stacking shelves, ensuring the store was tidy and appealing, and helping customers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learned a lot about a customer-facing environment, and it enhanced my problem solving skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed working for the company. They have a very welcoming company ethos and the team was very close. The customers were always lovely as well.
4. How valued do you feel by Waterstones?
Very much. they were understanding, nurturing and encouraging. I hope to work there again properly in the future.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was quite well structured. The first two days were spent acquainting me with the storefront and the back rooms, and during the rest of my time, I was given a check list of things to tick off, to ensure I had the full experience.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
You're trained by two people in your first two days, and after that point if you ever need help or support, you can ask anyone. Help is always there.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I only met my employer once, but the manager was always accessible, even though I didn't need to contact him myself.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My package met my costs, and I had enough left over to buy my lunches as well. It's a modest amount, but they will always cover costs as a minimum.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The team were so friendly and sociable there was a lot of out-of-work activity together.
9. Would you recommend Waterstones to a friend?
The atmosphere is really good. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves reading and books.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Waterstones?
Be friendly, be pro-active, and always be honest if you don't know something. People will be willing to help you learn.
More from WaterstonesMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!