1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
serving customers, putting out stock that was low, making sure the shop is tidy at all times
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes, I learnt how to use a till and also learnt about customer service. now I am working in sainsburys and what I learnt at Oxfam proved really useful.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
i enjoyed the team, the manager was more like a friend and the other staff were also really friendly
4. How valued do you feel by Oxfam?
yes i felt valued by the staff, they made me feel really proud of myself for volunteering and helping a good cause
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it wasnt very well organised to be honest. i went into my local oxfam and asked them if i can volunteer there, she pretty much said yes and showed me eveything, that was it
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
as my tasks were very simple i didnt really need much support however staff were always around in case i did
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
it was unpaid
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Oxfam to a friend?
it was a nice place to work whilst i was still studying for a levels, the work experience was really flexible and i learnt some really important skills like customer service, i also developed my communication skills
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Oxfam?
just be you!