Sales assistant at The Entertainer Toy Shop

Central London & City
July 2017

4.8/10

I'd start work at the time the store opens while the manager opened it up. We were then told what was needed for the day which, due to a refurbishment, meant I was unpacking multiple deliveries of toys and sending them to the store room. After lunch the role would rotate and I would be on the shop floor ensuring that it looked presentable and also greeting customers as they believe this is a key quality to have in a shop.

I learned how to interact and ask questions to customers to find out if they needed anything else.

It was a good programme and it allowed me to meet various people.

4. How valued do you feel by The Entertainer Toy Shop?

I felt undervalued while working there as I was mainly used to unpack deliveries with my other work experience buddy. It would've been better if we were paired up with one of their experienced workers.

When I first arrived they gave an introduction to the store and explained various things and answered questions. It was clear that they often take on people for work experience as they have got a booklet for you to read

After day 1 the support is decreased greatly.

Little support.

No salary given

Many places to visit outside of the shop

9. Would you recommend The Entertainer Toy Shop to a friend?

After a day I was left to my own devices and communication wasnt their strong point

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to The Entertainer Toy Shop?

Ask the manager questions and smile.