1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I'd start work at the time the store opens while the manager opened it up. We were then told what was needed for the day which, due to a refurbishment, meant I was unpacking multiple deliveries of toys and sending them to the store room. After lunch the role would rotate and I would be on the shop floor ensuring that it looked presentable and also greeting customers as they believe this is a key quality to have in a shop.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learned how to interact and ask questions to customers to find out if they needed anything else.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was a good programme and it allowed me to meet various people.
4. How valued do you feel by The Entertainer Toy Shop?
I felt undervalued while working there as I was mainly used to unpack deliveries with my other work experience buddy. It would've been better if we were paired up with one of their experienced workers.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
When I first arrived they gave an introduction to the store and explained various things and answered questions. It was clear that they often take on people for work experience as they have got a booklet for you to read
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
After day 1 the support is decreased greatly.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
No salary given
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Many places to visit outside of the shop
9. Would you recommend The Entertainer Toy Shop to a friend?
After a day I was left to my own devices and communication wasnt their strong point
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to The Entertainer Toy Shop?
Ask the manager questions and smile.