Cashier at Morrisons

Coventry West Midlands
July 2017

7.2/10

I was a cashier, meaning I would scan the public's items, check prices, and sometimes even find out stocks. It was a great learning experience and I am so thankful and grateful that i was given the opportunity. I learnt how to interact with members of the public and how to overcome certain situations.

How to help customers​ and overcome certain situations. If they wanted to do a price check or something, I would assist, and I scanned foods. I learnt how to speak to them and maintain an even level of assertiveness and informality.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. It was good to learn new skills and apply them. It was helpful with confidence and interacting with strangers as I can be quite socially anxious and awkward.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

4. How valued do you feel by Morrisons?

Very valued. It was fun and a great learning experience and great to know hot work with staff as well. A helpful experience.

It was quite organised. I was given times to work and informed on all important things. I was given suitable times.

A lot. They helped more when I was unsure of what to do and when. I found my feet they stepped back and let me understand on my own.

A lot. Even before I started they prepared me and made sure I was comfortable with what was going on.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Morrisons

I was not paid, it was work experience.

Yes I believe so, and I became even more interested in work after the experience.

9. Would you recommend Morrisons to a friend?

It was a great experience and it was good to learn about a normal​ day to day job that a lot of people do. It was more interesting than I thought it would be.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Morrisons?

Listen so you can ensure you understand because if you don't listen it will be harder. Try your hardest with everything even if you are unsure as all efforts are accounted. Have fun, all the employees are nice and friendly get to know them so your experience can be more enjoyable!