Student Teacher at Northern Learning Trust

North East
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
June 2017

7.8/10

Student Teacher at Northern Learning Trust. I delivered English lessons, planned the scheme of work, gave educational advice and employment progression advice. I was responsible to developing and creating engaging resources for adult learners to achieve their L2 literacy qualification.

I gained 2 years of teaching experience. I also learned how to assist and interact with vulnerable learners and their man, complex needs.

I was able to pass my teaching observations through working here.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with NLT and gaining the knowledge and practical experince from my mentor there.

4. How valued do you feel by Northern Learning Trust?

I was awarded a certificate to acknowledge the work I did with the company and I was listened to and appreciated as a valued member of staff.

There were no clear signs of progression within the company as it is purely a student teacher development programme.

I was highly supported by my mentor at all times and was able to go to her with any problems I had.

I recieved travel expenses.

There is no salary due to the company being a charityand offering a teaching placement for free.

You have to be quite independent in finding opportunities outside of work to develop yourself and your practice.

9. Would you recommend Northern Learning Trust to a friend?

The knowledge and practical experience you gain from this fast-paced, sometimes demanding, job are priceless. You gain so much from seeing the learners succeed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Northern Learning Trust?

Be prepared to cover any costs incurred from the position. Travel, lunch and materials.